Top Review by Audrey M
This is an excellent recipe. These potatoes taste like gourmet potatoes. This recipe has been a family favorite for a long time. The one change I made is to add 4 ounces of softened fat free cream cheese. To lighten the potatoes more is to use skim milk, fat free cream cheese and light butter. You don't sacrifice any of the flavor.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, freshly snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Cook until soft.
- Drain and place potatoes in a mixer bowl.
- Add the butter and sour cream.
- Whip on low.
- Gradually add the milk and increase the mixer's speed, whipping until the potatoes are smooth.
- Add the chives and check the seasonings, adding more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm.