Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found an interesting recipe in one of my books, but didn't really like certain aspects of it, so I made up my own that I thought was easier :-)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 8 ounces parmesan with garlic and herbs cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup garlic mashed potato flakes
- fresh cracked pepper, medly
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and potato flakes and place on plate.
- Wash and trim the chicken, then slice each breast open from the side so it sits open like a butterfly.
- Spread cream cheese on the inside of each breast and sprinkle chives on.
- Close the breast, then dip in milk, then dip in breading.
- Spray a baking rack with non-stick spray, then place the breasts on the rack (baking in a casserole dish will give you a moist bottom).
- Place the rack on top of a cookie sheet or foil to catch anything that might fall through.
- Sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is white on the inside.