Recipe by Ayah Elisabeth
Potato salad is versatile. You can play around with the ingredients, so don’t let anything stop you. This is a Party Size recipe, but can be easily halved. I prefer peeled potatoes, but if you prefer unpeeled red potatoes, that’s perfectly ok and it sure makes a prettier potato salad!
- 5 lbs red potatoes, peeled
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup fresh chives, thinly sliced (one 3/4 oz package)
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickles, diced or 1⁄4 cup dill relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes, cut into one-inch pieces and boil for 10-12 minutes. Strain the potatoes in a colander and run cold water over the potatoes to stop the cooking. If you omit this step you will end up with mashed potatoes.
- Combine sour cream, mayo, and mustard in a medium size bowl.
- Combine the potatoes and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and empty the sour cream mixture into the large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, if possible.