Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
a Donna Hay recipe
Make and share this Sour Cream and Chive Potato Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large potatoes, washed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups pouring cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Boil potatoes till tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cut in half, place in baking dish cut side up.
- Whisk together sour cream, cream, cheeses, chives, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Cook 20 - 30 minutes until top is golden.
This is really good and easy to throw together. I made with regular milk because I didn't have cream and it was still great. I had to cook mine for about 45-50 minutes; we like our potatoes really soft. Will be a good change to the usual potato casseroles we always make.
This is such a delicious potato bake! I have made a number of highly rated potato bake recipes and found many to be very basic and lacking in flavour. This is very rich and flavoursome. The sour cream gives it that extra something. I also added bacon to mine - though the recipe is rich enough that it doesn't demand it. This will definitely be my go to potato bake from now on!
Wow, these were better than I thought they were going to be. The cream sauce is delicious! Didn't change a thing.