Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not sure where I got this but they were a good alternative to the plain tea biscuit.I suggest the sugar for the extra sweetness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Add sour cream and cooking oil to the well. Stir until moistened.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead 6 times.
- Roll or pat out into 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 inch circles with biscuit cutter.
- Arrange on a greased sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes until risen and golden.