Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
A different way to have your potatoes.
- 1 lb potato, pared, diced and parboiled
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 onions, grated or 1 chopped chives or 1 scallion, for nice color
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together, turn into a 13*9-inch casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.
OH gosh, awesome potatoes! I had about two pounds of potatoes to use so I doubled the recipe. DH isnt fond of onion in potatoes so I left them out but added a double amount of everything else. I was running late making supper so I mashed everything together and than warmed slowly on the stove top. Topped with a bit more cheese and let that melt nicely than served. Great recipe for the holidays too! Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2008.