Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tender and tasty pancake. Servings and yield are guesses depending on your appetite and how big you make your pancakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup coarse cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Combine flour, cornmeal, soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Separately, beat eggs with buttermilk and fold in sour cream and melted butter.
- Stir moist and dry ingredients together only enough to mix well.
- Do not over-beat.
- Cook as usual on griddle.
I loved these pancakes Pinkytz. They were awesome, light, tender, fluffy and full of flavor. The pancakes were quick and easy to make with terrific results. Made exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. Served with warmed maple syrup they were the bomb. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Made for Name that Ingredient Tag Game 2014.
Best pancakes I have ever eaten!!!! Made them for my hubby and two nieces and we all ate them up. The only change I made was adding a teaspoon of vanilla. Will definitely make again!