Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is not low in fat, but it is delicious! I am not a fan of Cream of Anything soup, but I'm telling you... this is outrageously good! Total comfort food. It's from momswithcrockpots.com. We served it over cooked barley.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-low heat until some of the fat is rendered. Be sure that the bacon is still pliable and not crisp. Drain on paper towels. (Or don’t cook the bacon and proceed with the recipe -- but increase the flour to 1/2 cup).
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each boneless chicken breast and place in a 4-5 quart crockpot.
- In medium bowl, combine condensed soups, sour cream, and flour and mix with wire whisk to blend. Pour over chicken.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken and bacon are thoroughly cooked. You may want to remove the chicken and beat the sauce with a wire whisk so it is very well blended.
- If you have a newer crockpot, check the chicken at 5 hours. The internal temp should be 160 -170 degrees F.
- Serve over rice, couscous, barley, or wide egg noodles.