Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in a newspaper many years ago and I love the flavor of almond in anything.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter until very creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour three times, set aside.
- Add soda to sour cream; stir well. Add flour and sour cream mixture alternately to the cream mixture.
- Blend well and add all the extracts and butter flavoring.
- Pour into a well greased, lightly floured stem cake pan or spray with Baker's Joy.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Very good served with fruit or ice cream.