Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another family favorite!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups apples, coarsely chopped (approx. 4 tart apples)
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell (unbaked)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the egg, sour cream, sugar, 2 tbsp of flour, almond extract and salt.
- Stir in chopped apple.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Cover edge of pie crust with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the 1/2 cup flour, almonds and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Remove foil from pie.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over pie.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled, refrigerate within 2 hours.
Another awesome recipe!! Thank you for posting it!! My family really enjoyed the creamy taste of this pie!