Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This Scandinavian delight is crisp and refreshing, fruity but just tart and pungent enough to set it apart from most other cordials. It also makes a superb sauce for duck or goose: Mix 1/2 cup Sour Cherry Vodka with 1 cup of pitted cherries and thicken with arrowroot. From "Home Made in the Kitchen", by Barry Bluestein & Kevin Morrissey.
- Put the cherries into a 1-quart Mason jar, and cover with the sugar.
- Seal the jar and shake it several times, until the cherries are well coated with sugar.
- Add the vodka, reseal, and shake the jar a few more times to mix.
- Set aside in a cool, dark place for 4 weeks.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a 4-cup glass measuring cup.
- If desired, transfer the liqueur to a decanter.
- The Sour Cherry Vodka should be ready to drink immediately and has a shelf life of 2 to 3 months.