This Scandinavian delight is crisp and refreshing, fruity but just tart and pungent enough to set it apart from most other cordials. It also makes a superb sauce for duck or goose: Mix 1/2 cup Sour Cherry Vodka with 1 cup of pitted cherries and thicken with arrowroot. From "Home Made in the Kitchen", by Barry Bluestein & Kevin Morrissey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the cherries into a 1-quart Mason jar, and cover with the sugar.
- 2Seal the jar and shake it several times, until the cherries are well coated with sugar.
- 3Add the vodka, reseal, and shake the jar a few more times to mix.
- 4Set aside in a cool, dark place for 4 weeks.
- 5Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a 4-cup glass measuring cup.
- 6If desired, transfer the liqueur to a decanter.
- 7The Sour Cherry Vodka should be ready to drink immediately and has a shelf life of 2 to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cherry Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (1213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1042.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 123.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g