Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Scandinavian delight is crisp and refreshing, fruity but just tart and pungent enough to set it apart from most other cordials. It also makes a superb sauce for duck or goose: Mix 1/2 cup Sour Cherry Vodka with 1 cup of pitted cherries and thicken with arrowroot. From "Home Made in the Kitchen", by Barry Bluestein & Kevin Morrissey.
- Put the cherries into a 1-quart Mason jar, and cover with the sugar.
- Seal the jar and shake it several times, until the cherries are well coated with sugar.
- Add the vodka, reseal, and shake the jar a few more times to mix.
- Set aside in a cool, dark place for 4 weeks.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a 4-cup glass measuring cup.
- If desired, transfer the liqueur to a decanter.
- The Sour Cherry Vodka should be ready to drink immediately and has a shelf life of 2 to 3 months.