Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup is great for summer! It can also be used as a sauce to go with roast chicken, turkey or pork, but you need to eliminate the water for that.
- 2 -3 cups morello cherries in syrup
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- 500 ml water
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Combine Morello Cherries, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and water and boil.
- When boiled, educe heat to a simmer.
- Combine thickened cream, sour cream and corn flour and add to soup through a sieve.
- Cook for a further minute or two until soup thickens.
- Serve chilled.