Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Moscowian duck is one of the staples roasted and served with a sour cherry sauce.I also read this sauce is served with chicken or pork chops.
- 1 cup drained bottled sour pitted cherries, reserve 1/2 cup of the syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 drop almond extract
- Pour syrup into a 1-quart heavy saucepan, setting aside cherries.
- Whisk sugar, wine, and cornstarch into cherry syrup until smooth, then bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking constantly, and boil until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, then stir in almond extract and cherries and cool.
- Sauce can be made 4 days ahead and chilled, covered.