1/2 Photos of Sour Cherry Muffins With Almond Crumble
Mmmm! Absolutely delicious! The tart of the cherries is balanced by the sweetness of the almond crumble, creating the perfect blend or sweet and sour. I substituted yogurt for the sour cream and it turned out perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- 3Topping: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, flour, and cinnamon until blended and crumbly. Stir in almonds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, sour cream, oil, and almond extract until well blended.
- 6Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended, Gently fold in cherries.
- 7Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with topping.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cherry Muffins With Almond Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 155.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g