Mmmm! Absolutely delicious! The tart of the cherries is balanced by the sweetness of the almond crumble, creating the perfect blend or sweet and sour. I substituted yogurt for the sour cream and it turned out perfectly.
- 78.07 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 314.66 ml canned tart cherries, drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Topping: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, flour, and cinnamon until blended and crumbly. Stir in almonds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, sour cream, oil, and almond extract until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended, Gently fold in cherries.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.