I think I got this off the net a long time ago. I have also made it with semi sweet cherries and it was very good.
- Wash, stem, and pit cherries.
- Chop them small pieces.
- Put fruit and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in liquid pectin.
- Skin 5 minutes.Add almond extract,.
- Put in jars and seal with hot lids.
- I sometime do a 5 minute hot bath, but not everytime.
I will make this soon as I have a large bag of frozen cherries. My question is... When measuring the 4 cups of cherries is this before or after chopping up the cherries?
The jam color is a fascinating bright red (Have a look at the picture that I uploaded!). Unfortunately, the first time that I made it tasted too strong of almond. I made it again but with only 1 ml (1/5 of a teaspoon) of almond extracts and it tasted divine. Everyone is raving about it! It's actually the best jam that I've ever tasted!
I LOVED this recipe! I used both Certo liquid pectin and Ball liquid pectin. Both worked great. They set up great, and the kids love the jam on their waffles and pancakes in the morning! Thank you so much!!!!