Recipe by grandma2969
my husband's favorite...
Top Review by mzlaki
This recipe is brilliant! Everyone who tasted the cobbler was amazed. However, I found the amount of sugar used way too little. I usually add at least a cup of sugar to the cherries, otherwise it's just too sour. And I always bake it at least 45 minutes.
- 1 cup sour cherry, drained, reserve juice
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8" pan with non stick spray.
- Place cherries in pan, (after draining them, reserve juice in small bowl) set aside.
- Heat cherry juice, one tbls flour and 1/8 tsp salt.cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes; Add almond extract and a few drops of red food coloring, if desired; Pour over cherries.
- Sift remaining flour with salt, baking powder and remaining sugar -- , Blend in margarine, till crumbly --, Stir in milk.Drop by tblsful over cherry mixture, brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 425*.