1 hr 15 mins
From Rosie's Bakery Cookie Book: Chocolate-Packed, Jam-Filled, Butter-Rich, No-Holds-Barred by Judy Rosenberg (1996).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan with butter or vegetable oil, or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- 3Make the filling:
- 4Place the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream in a medium-size bowl and beat on medium-high speed until blended, 30 seconds.
- 5Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- 6Add the egg yolks and mix until blended, 20 seconds, set aside.
- 7Prepare the brownie batter:
- 8Melt the chocolate and butter together inches.
- 9the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water.
- 10Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- 11Place the sugar in a medium-size bowl, and pour in the chocolate mixture.
- 12Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until blended, about 25 seconds,scrape the bowl.
- 13With the mixer on medium-low speed, add the eggs one at a time, blending after each addition until the yolk is broken and dispersed, about 10 seconds.
- 14Then scrape the bowl and blend until velvety, about 15 seconds.
- 15Add the flour on low speed and mix for 20 seconds.
- 16Finish the mixing with a rubber spatula, being certain to incorporate any flour at the bottom of the bowl.
- 17Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, and spread it evenly.
- 18Using a rubber spatula, scoop the cream cheese mixture onto the brownie batter and gently spread it evenly over the surface.
- 19Distribute the cherries over the filling, and use your fingers to press them down gently into the cream cheese.
- 20Drop the rest of the batter over the filling by large spoonfuls.
- 21Then, using a spatula, spread it as gently as possible over the surface (do not worry if the cream cheese shows in places).
- 22Bake the brownies on the center rack of the oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs, about 50 minutes.
- 23Allow the brownies to cool for 30 minutes in the pan.
- 24Then cut them into 2 1/4-inch squares with a sharp thin knife.
- 25Refrigerate the bars in the pan, covered with plastic wrap, for up to 2 days.
- 26After that, layer them in an airtight plastic container, with plastic wrap, parchment, or waxed paper between the layers, and store for another 2 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- 27They are delicious either cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.4
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 59.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g