Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups pitted and chopped sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix first three ingredients together until well blended, avoid getting it too warm or it will be hard to handle.
- Press into a 9" x 13" pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and add the sugar, brown sugar, flour and baking powder.
- When combined, add fruit and mix.
- Pour cherry mixture over crust in pan and bake for 45 minutes.
These bars are delicious! They tasted like butter tarts with chunks of juicy cherries. I didn't think there was enough crust mixture so I used an 8" square pan & they turned out great.