Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
I think that I found this on a Campbell Soup label and my favorite for this recipe is Beefy Mushroom. But remember, Cooking is a Creative Sport, so be brave and experiment.
Top Review by Evie*
Made this for dinner tonight and we really enjoyed it, it's one of those recipes I wished I'd had when my kids were young. I added some milk as it was quite thick and we had it with rice. Will make it again.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce, separated
- 1 can mushroom soup (NOT diluted)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup diced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, egg, bread crumbs and 1/4 cup tomato sauce and form into small meatballs.
- Coat with flour and brown in cooking oil.
- Remove from oil and set aside.
- Add diced onions and saute until limp.
- Add mushroom soup, meatballs, and remaining tomato sauce to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add a small amount of milk.
- Taste, and add salt or pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice or noodles.