Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think that I found this on a Campbell Soup label and my favorite for this recipe is Beefy Mushroom. But remember, Cooking is a Creative Sport, so be brave and experiment.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce, separated
- 1 can mushroom soup (NOT diluted)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- Combine meat, egg, bread crumbs and 1/4 cup tomato sauce and form into small meatballs.
- Coat with flour and brown in cooking oil.
- Remove from oil and set aside.
- Add diced onions and saute until limp.
- Add mushroom soup, meatballs, and remaining tomato sauce to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add a small amount of milk.
- Taste, and add salt or pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Made this for dinner tonight and we really enjoyed it, it's one of those recipes I wished I'd had when my kids were young. I added some milk as it was quite thick and we had it with rice. Will make it again.
Had this easy recipe for dinner last night; it's quite good and a snap to prepare. I found it too thick for my preferences and so added some milk to thin out the sauce. I substituted cream of celery soup (the only cream soup I had on hand) and think this recipe would be great with any creamed soup. I also added garlic powder, and added some chopped celery in with the onions. This is a good, basic recipe I will definitely make again!
I'm a meatball addict and I really liked these but I too made some changes. I added garlic powder to the meatballs and to the sauce I added milk and water because it was too thick,some more tomato sauce and crushed garlic for more flavor and parsley for added color.