Recipe by School cooker
Total comfort food. I made this once a week while raising my 4 daughters. Now they make it for their children.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, divide in 5 patties
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed vegetable beef soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, Diced
- 1⁄2 cup small onion, diced
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown burgers in a frying pan. Remove burgers to plate; drain excess fat, but leave enough to sauté onion.
- Add tomatoes with juice.
- Add soup and bring to a low boil. Do Not add any water.
- Return burgers to soup mixture and simmer about 30 to 60 minutes covered. Stir once every few minutes so they don't burn.
- Place burgers on a plate next to a dollop of potatoes and cover both with sauce and enjoy.