Recipe by Hadice
This recipe comes from an Everyday Food magazine. I cut the recipe in half when it's just DH and me. Great for a BBQ or a cold night. Serve with a dollop of sour cream. You can also try adapting this for the microwave.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add scallions and garlic cloves and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add black beans and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salsa and stir until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.