Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe comes from an Everyday Food magazine. I cut the recipe in half when it's just DH and me. Great for a BBQ or a cold night. Serve with a dollop of sour cream. You can also try adapting this for the microwave.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add scallions and garlic cloves and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add black beans and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salsa and stir until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
A great side. Added cilantro to garnish. Very tasty!
Wow this is very good & very easy. I needed a quick soup for dinner one night and found this. I was a little apprehensive about this because it seemed to watery but after simmering for 30 minutes and adding the sour cream it was so good. My husband said this is a keeper. BTW I substituted chicken broth for some of the water. Will make this again. Thanks Hadice
Very tasty and couldn't be much easier! Wasn't sure when to add the chiles so added in step 3. Used an extra Tbsp chiles and reduced water to 3 cups. Made a great lunch with a cheese sandwich on the side. Thanks for the recipe!