Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had this at a chain salad bar style restaurant in FL called Sweet Tomatoes and found it online. Souplantation is another name for the chain. It was yummy. I make bacon in the microwave to save time and for easy clean up. If you use precooked bacon bits, this is a no-cook recipe. I think freshly crisped bacon is best but the other will do.
- 1 bunch broccoli, uncooked, washed, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix the broccoli, bacon, cashews, raisins and onions in a large bowl. In a second bowl, beat dressing ingredients together gently until smooth.
- About 10 minutes before serving, toss the salad with the dressing to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve on chilled salad dishes.
Love this recipe, I started mixing up the ingredients and putting the dressing in a squirt bottle, that way I can just portion out what I want and add as much dressing as I like and it lasts a wee bit longer in the fridge.
This is the most fantastic salad I have ever tasted and just the same as Souplantations here in California
This one's a winner. I've made it w/ & w/o bacon and even substituted miracle whip instead of mayo. It's always a hit and people always ask for "my" receipe.