Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another meatloaf recipe, this time with potato included and made more heart healthy by using ground turkey breast! All you need is a tossed green salad or steamed veggies for a nice basic meal!
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, Lipton Beefy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey breast or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (I use Hunt's but any brand will do)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 (4 ounce) package low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (I use generic, but any brand will do)
- mashed potatoes (instant, homemade or ready-made)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine soup mix, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, ketchup, water and egg substitute.
- In a shallow baking pan, shape meat mixture into a loaf.
- Bake in the pre-heated 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Frost the loaf with the mashed potatoes; then sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake 5 more minutes in order to melt the cheese, NO browning involved; then remove from the oven and let 'settle' 5 min before serving.
- Variation: you can also swap out the cheddar cheese for a different cheese such as monterey jack.