Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Canned - potato soup, creamed corn and shrimp with precooked bacon make this a souper delicious and inexpensive supper dish. A bit of sherry and chopped fresh chives are the "secret ingredients" that make this quick and easy chowder simply souper!!
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 4 -5 cups milk
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 (4 ounce) cans baby shrimp, drained
- lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb precooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Combine soup, 4 cups milk, corn, shrimp, lemon pepper and bacon in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Cook over medium high heat until hot, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes (adding more milk, if too thick).
- Stir in wine and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in chives and serve.
This is wonderful. The next time I make it I'm going to add a couple of more patatos.
Ohhh this is sooo good! I had to omit the "secret" ingredients but that is ok! Made this w/ my friends this weekend and we all enjoyed it! The corn and shrimp and potatoes go so well together! Thanks for a 5 star meal I could share w/ my friends!