Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe is super--easy good home cooking flavor, smells great and always turns out FABULOUS!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (Chicken strips work great too)
- poultry seasoning
- 4 slices American cheese
- 10 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Wash, dry chicken breasts with paper towels and place in an oval slow-cooker.
- Sprinkle each breast with Poultry Seasoning to taste.
- Place slice of Cheese over each breast.
- Combine Celery Soup and Sour Cream; mix well and spoon over Chicken and Cheese.
- Sprinkle Stuffing mix (bread cubes and seasoning packet) over top of cheese.
- Drizzle melted butter over Stuffing mix.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
It was alright I guess but there are a couple things I'd like to try differently...like thinning out the soup/sour cream mixture bcause it was seriously thick and amazingly, it was mostly sucked up by the bottom of the stuffing mix and I think I'd prefer it 'sauce-y'...also, I didnt really care for the way the stuffing came out, bottom was moist but top was crunchy (bleh)...I think I'd prefer the stuffing made per its pkg & then thrown atop the chicken mixture in mebbe the last hour? I DID use chicken breast tenderloins instead of whole boneless chicken breasts...I also used an italian blend of finely shredded cheeses rather than slices of American...I didnt have poultry seasoning so I went with Mrs Dash...I then served the concoction over brown rice with a side of steamed asparagus...it WAS far better the 2nd time around, reheated in the micro...thanks for sharing this recipe!
Hubby's comment was, "This is good, you should make it again". That's unusual for him because he usually says, "It's okay" when I ask about my cooking. This is being moved to my Favorites cookbook so I won't forget it! Thanks for a super easy recipe that tastes great too! I made it just as written only I had to use Healthy Request cream of celery soup and light sour cream because that's what I had on hand. Taste terrific!
The family really enjoyed this dish! (I used Swiss cheese slices instead of American.) I served it with green beans and salad. Thanks for a quick, easy, & wonderful meal!!