Recipe by ksmomdf
This recipe is super--easy good home cooking flavor, smells great and always turns out FABULOUS!
Top Review by Cookin'withGas
It was alright I guess but there are a couple things I'd like to try differently...like thinning out the soup/sour cream mixture bcause it was seriously thick and amazingly, it was mostly sucked up by the bottom of the stuffing mix and I think I'd prefer it 'sauce-y'...also, I didnt really care for the way the stuffing came out, bottom was moist but top was crunchy (bleh)...I think I'd prefer the stuffing made per its pkg & then thrown atop the chicken mixture in mebbe the last hour? I DID use chicken breast tenderloins instead of whole boneless chicken breasts...I also used an italian blend of finely shredded cheeses rather than slices of American...I didnt have poultry seasoning so I went with Mrs Dash...I then served the concoction over brown rice with a side of steamed asparagus...it WAS far better the 2nd time around, reheated in the micro...thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (Chicken strips work great too)
- poultry seasoning
- 4 slices American cheese
- 10 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, dry chicken breasts with paper towels and place in an oval slow-cooker.
- Sprinkle each breast with Poultry Seasoning to taste.
- Place slice of Cheese over each breast.
- Combine Celery Soup and Sour Cream; mix well and spoon over Chicken and Cheese.
- Sprinkle Stuffing mix (bread cubes and seasoning packet) over top of cheese.
- Drizzle melted butter over Stuffing mix.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours.