Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking for a sauce to replace the old recipe I had for Sloppy Joes and came up with this one. It can be used for any BBQ application. I hope you try this one and enjoy it.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's condensed tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest or 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a fry pan brown the ground beef until no longer pink, Drain and return to pan.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour enough sauce with the meat to cover to your liking and serve on toasted buns.
- You can freeze any remaining sauce you have left for other recipes.