This recipe is the perfect way to use up leftovers- and the taste is so good, there won't be any others to speak of!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups potatoes, mashed
- 2 cups prepared stuffing, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, grated
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1Grate or finely chop the carrot, celery, onion and garlic and saute in olive oil until tender. (I like them grately finely so they are "hidden" in this dish!).
- 2Mix the cooked veggies with your chicken and layer on the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- 3Next, sprinkle in the ham and on top of the ham spread out the cheese slices.
- 4Combine soup and milk and pour over the top.
- 5Spread the stuffing on top of this, cover and place in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 6Add mashed potatoes to the top in dollops, top with salt, pepper and paprika and bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes.
- 7Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Souper Six Layer Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.4
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 2153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 43.8 g