Recipe by stonecoldcrazy
This recipe is the perfect way to use up leftovers- and the taste is so good, there won't be any others to speak of!
Top Review by mommyoffour
What a great way to use up leftovers! I made this last night for my family and we couldn't stop eating it. We liked the flavor of it all together. I heated up some gravy to go with it but we didn't need it, with the soup mixture in there. I will make this every year after the holidays. I used smoked turkey in place of the chicken breasts and it was a nice substitution. thank you so much for sharing this yummy leftover user.
- 2 cups potatoes, mashed
- 2 cups prepared stuffing, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, grated
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate or finely chop the carrot, celery, onion and garlic and saute in olive oil until tender. (I like them grately finely so they are "hidden" in this dish!).
- Mix the cooked veggies with your chicken and layer on the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Next, sprinkle in the ham and on top of the ham spread out the cheese slices.
- Combine soup and milk and pour over the top.
- Spread the stuffing on top of this, cover and place in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes to the top in dollops, top with salt, pepper and paprika and bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.