Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
- Mix the rice and water in a microwave bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 13 minutes.
- Let the rice sit in the microwave for about 10 minutes after the microwave turns itself off.
- Remove from the bowl and rinse in a colander under cold running water.
- Return the rice to the bowl, add the margarine in pieces, add the soup powder, mix, cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove, mix one more time and serve.
I've made this before and it is really good! I also use the spicy onion soup or onion roasted garlic soup for a tasty alternative!
This was an easy tastey rice dish. I used the uncle Ben's converted rice, and found that there was no water to strain out. I did need to add a bit more water and add several min. more cooking time, as it was undercooked, but maybe because I didn't use regular white rice. It does have a nice onion flavor, which we liked, but not our youngest kids. I would make this recipe again.