Recipe by Rhonda *J*
This is a tasty little pie,easy to do, that my Mom used to make us. Not sure where she got the recipe. You can adjust the seasonings to taste and play around with it, once I added green onions to the potatoe mixture and also used some grated parmesan on top with the melted cheddar. I like this with some peaches 'n' cream corn niblets on the side and some homemade pickles and/or chow. Nice with a side salad too.
Top Review by AlternateScr
Original recipe from Campbells, on the soup can, called for Cream of Mushroom Soup. Also, instead of mixing the second half of the can with the mashed potatoes, spread it over the potatoes then sprinkle the cheese. This was on the soup cans and in their cookbook. A much better result, moisture-wise.
- 1 lb ground beef (I use lean)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix 1/2 cup of the soup, beef, onion, breadcrumbs, egg,parsley& seasonings.
- Press firmly into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes;spoon off fat.
- (I usually dab with some paper towel if i get any excess, not much with lean beef though) Frost the pie with mashed potatoes that have been mixed with the remaining soup.
- (i usually prepare the potatoes while the meat layer is cooking.) Sprinkle with grated cheese and return to the oven for another 10 mins or until done.