Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in soup and soup mix; heat through.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Place about 1/3 cupful on each bun.
I doubled the recipe but added a package of onion soup mix. This had a really good taste. I cooked it on the stove and then put it in the crockpot and took it to the races. Something different!
Super fast, easy, and we all loved it! I used recipe#24952, and Velveeta 2% milk instead of cheddar. Had it ready in about 20 minutes total. I put it in a crock pot on low and let it simmer while we went to soccer practice, and had a hot, delicious sandwich as soon as we walked in the door. 6 and 3 year old sons ate every bite of their sandwich...I ate 1, and DH FINISHED off the rest. Will become a standby for rushed evenings! Thanks for posting!
Delcious, fun and kid friendly.