Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my husband's favorite comfort food. This can cook on the stove or in the crockpot.
- 2 lbs boneless beef cubes (1 1/2 inch)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 medium carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) jarof aunt nellie holland style sweet onions
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen green beans
- cooked noodles
- In large heavy pan, brown beef in shortening; pour off fat.
- Add soup, water, and Worcestershire.
- Cover; cook over low heat 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Cook 45 minutes more.
- Add beans.
- Bring to boil; stir to separate beans Cook 10 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Thicken sauce if desired.
- Serve over noodles.
- Crockpot instructions:.
- Place first 6 ingredients in crockpot (no need to brown beef).
- Cook 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Add onions and green beans during last hour of cooking.