Recipe by Boies
Tasty & easy are 2 words to describe this recipe. Never any leftovers. I usually double this recipe and freeze in meals size amounts. This way I always have somthing to pull from the freezer on days I don't feel like cooking.
Top Review by vverkin925
These were a big hit for dinner last night. The flavor is right on the mark and the preparation is fairly straight forward. I did replace the sugar with Splenda and the result was quite acceptable. I made a double batch hoping to put one in the freezer but they didn't make it that far! I will definitely be making this one again and will have to triple it I guess! Excellent recipe Boies!!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml dried breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, grated (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 297.66 g can tomato soup
- 414.03 ml water
- 236.59 ml sugar
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together beef, bread crumbs, onions and eggs.
- Form into meatballs.
- Fry and brown in oil.
- Drain on paper towel, then roll in cornstarch.
- In a sauce pan combine soup, water, sugar, salt, pepper& lemon juice.
- Drop meatballs into simmering sauce.
- Simmer on low heat for 2 hours.