Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Really easy sloppy joe recipe given to me by my brother. My husband loves this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Open Pit Barbecue Sauce
- brown sugar
- Brown meat with salt and pepper.
- Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 90 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- This is good the first day, but even better the 2nd!
Very good. Easy to make.
I tried this recipe tonight and made a few substitutions. I used 2lbs of ground beef and also chopped up 1 1/2 green peppers. I also used tomato sauce instead of the soup and then I also used the Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce. It was deeeelicious!! I normally do not eat sloppy joes but I loved this!! My daughter who doesn't like bbq sauce even gobbled this up!! Thanks for the tasty and super easy recipe!!
Yummy! I subbed 96% lean ground beef, 8-10 ounces of Kraft light barbecue sauce, and about 1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup to add sweetness instead of brown sugar. We all gobbled it up! DH was the lucky one to get the leftovers for todays lunch! Thanks so much for an easy and delicious way to make sloppy joes!