Recipe by Marie
From Campbell's, this recipe is so easy and so deliciously moist. The garlic was not in the original recipe and is optional. Makes a wonderful gravy to serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Bella_Bambina
I've made this several times now, both with and without the garlic - I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but the mushroom soup does indeed make a wonderful gravy. I add freshly-ground black pepper to the mix, and I think it enhances the flavour. This evening I made this with cream of tomato soup instead of mushroom, as I didn't have the latter - it was really delicious! I added some fresh basil and I think I would add more in future. Used lean ground beef, but I prefer extra-lean as it is less greasy. Yum!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 packet dry golden onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beef, garlic and dry soup mix thoroughly.
- Shape into a loaf and place on sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil that has been sprayed with Pam to prevent sticking.
- Spread the mushroom soup over the top.
- Fold foil loosely over the loaf from the sides and then the ends, sealing the openings tightly.
- Place in a jelly roll pan in case the foil leaks.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Be careful opening it since the steam is very hot.