Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Microwave dish. Mmm good. Easy and fast.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 lbs potatoes, diced with peelings on
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- Put diced potatoes in a Ziploc bag.
- Add oil and coat all potatoes.
- Add dry onion soup and coat all potato pieces.
- Microwave in covered container for 15 minutes.
These were so good, and very easy. Five minutes to peel and dice potatoes, a quick stir [I measured the oil into a glass microwave dish, stirred in the soup mix, and added the potatoes as I diced] to combine, and about 15 minutes to zap [I stirred them every two minutes or so]. Everyone liked them, and I like how fast it came together. Really good for those nights when you get home late, with not much time to get supper on the table.
Oh how we L-O-V-E these potatoes! I actually got the recipe off of a Lipton onion soup mix box. We really like using small red potatoes in this recipe.
When my oven element broke I used this recipe quite alot. Even though it is fixed now, I still use this when it is hot outside or when I have little time. Thanks Darlene for a quick side dish.