Recipe by riffraff
This is a very easy to put together dish. I used bone in breast, I'm sure you could make it with boneless skinless breast, or other chicken pieces with some adjustment to the timing.
- 3 chicken breasts, bone-in, with skin
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus, reserve liquid
- 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown chicken quickly in oil.
- Place in an 8" X 8" 2" dish or any dish that will hold all three breasts in one layer and the liquid.
- Mix together the soup, asparagus and cheese.
- Rinse out the soup can with the liquid from the asparagus and add it to the soup, asparagus and cheese.
- Pour this over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered for about a hour.
- Let dish rest for about 10 minutes or so before serving.
- The "gravy" may be a little thin when you first remove it from the oven but should thicken up a bit as it cools off.