Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Sm
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup celery, Chopped
- 4 cups herb stuffing cubes, Not Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon mustard, Dry
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded,4oz
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook and stir the meat, onion and celery in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the salt.
- Arrange the stuffing cubes in a greased baking pan, 9 X 9 X 2 or 11 3/4 X 7 1/2 X 1 3/4-inches and top with the meat mixture.
- Beat the milk, eggs, soup, and mustard together and pour over the meat.
- Then sprinkle with the cheese and bake uncovered until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then cut into squares and serve.
This was really quick and easy to put together after work and then I could deal with the mail, kids, etc., while it baked. We really enjoyed it and my husband wants me to make it again.
This is really yummy. Nice for a busy day when you can just make this one thing for dinner if you need to. Cream of celery soup would also be great in it for all the mushroom haters.