Top Review by Hey Jude
This was really quick and easy to put together after work and then I could deal with the mail, kids, etc., while it baked. We really enjoyed it and my husband wants me to make it again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Sm
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup celery, Chopped
- 4 cups herb stuffing cubes, Not Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon mustard, Dry
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded,4oz
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook and stir the meat, onion and celery in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the salt.
- Arrange the stuffing cubes in a greased baking pan, 9 X 9 X 2 or 11 3/4 X 7 1/2 X 1 3/4-inches and top with the meat mixture.
- Beat the milk, eggs, soup, and mustard together and pour over the meat.
- Then sprinkle with the cheese and bake uncovered until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then cut into squares and serve.