Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Do something different with a pack of tortellini. This filling soup is full of fibre, low fat and full of veg. The perfect lunch or supper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1064.65 ml vegetable stock
- 396.89 g can chopped tomatoes
- 198.44 g frozen peas (or rinsed canned beans)
- 255.14 g fresh filled tortellini (choose non meat filling for a vegetarian soup )
- 118.29 ml basil leaves (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the carrots and onion for 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the stock and tomatoes, then simmer for 10 minutes Add the peas or beans with 5 mins to go.
- Once veggies are tender, stir in the pasta. Return to the boil and simmer for 2 mins until the pasta is just cooked. Stir in the basil, if using. Season, then serve in bowls topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan and slices of garlic bread.
Delicious! We enjoyed this so much! I made as directed making very few changes. I added fresh baby leaf spinach and also used kidney beans instead of peas. I used spinach filled ravioli in place of the tortellini which made a wonderful change. Very quick, very simple to throw together with all ingredient on hand for a great Saturday night meal! Thank you so much, Annaica, for a great new meatless soup recipe I am sure to use again, and again!
5 stars for taste, but I'm rating this 10 stars for the brilliance of being able to magically make a delicious and healthy meal so fast... and without messing up my kitchen! From the time I spoke to my husband on his way home from work and I claimed that I had no idea what to make for dinner, to the time he walked in the door (about 15 minutes!!) finding this delicious soup sitting on the stove ready to be served... I was super excited that I could pull off such a yummy meal so quickly! I didn't have tortellini on hand, but I had mushroom filled ravioli. I made my soup this way: chopped onion, julienne carrots, fresh chopped tomatoes, cubed zucchini, chicken broth, peas, mushroom filled ravioli, and a dash of parmesan to finish it. Everything was so flavorful that I didn't even need to add herbs, spices, or seasonings... something that has never happened to me before! Thanks for a brilliant soup recipe! This will be my go-to when I don't know what to make for dinner!!
I started making this and then realized I didn't have carrots, onions or peas. So I added celery, spinach and mushrooms. It was delicious.