Recipe by Annacia
Do something different with a pack of tortellini. This filling soup is full of fibre, low fat and full of veg. The perfect lunch or supper
Top Review by Bev
Delicious! We enjoyed this so much! I made as directed making very few changes. I added fresh baby leaf spinach and also used kidney beans instead of peas. I used spinach filled ravioli in place of the tortellini which made a wonderful change. Very quick, very simple to throw together with all ingredient on hand for a great Saturday night meal! Thank you so much, Annaica, for a great new meatless soup recipe I am sure to use again, and again!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 7 ounces frozen peas (or rinsed canned beans)
- 9 ounces fresh filled tortellini (choose non meat filling for a vegetarian soup )
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the carrots and onion for 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the stock and tomatoes, then simmer for 10 minutes Add the peas or beans with 5 mins to go.
- Once veggies are tender, stir in the pasta. Return to the boil and simmer for 2 mins until the pasta is just cooked. Stir in the basil, if using. Season, then serve in bowls topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan and slices of garlic bread.