Recipe by Pets'R'us
If you want to make this with chicken, use breast or boneless thighs. You can use another flavor of soup.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is to DIE for! I used boneless skinless chicken breast strips and served it over rice cooked in chicken broth. I went to put the cheese on top only to find someone ate most of it, I had enough for only half. So I tried seasoned buttered bread crumbs on the other half placed on the casserole the last 10 minutes. I couldn't decide which half I liked best. This is most definitely going to be served often here! Thanks Annelies for the scrumptious recipe!
- 4 pork loin chops
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove crushed garlic
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the flour, put in a plastic bag, add pork chops and coat with the flour Melt half of the butter in a frying pan and brown the chops take them out of the pan and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the butter to the frying pan, then fry onions and garlic for a few minutes, add the mushrooms, celery and fry another minute until you see the mushrooms releasing their juices.
- Now add the soup, stir and add the milk mixing everything well.
- Put a bit of this mixture in an ovenproof dish, then the chops and top with the rest of the soup, sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Serve with chopped parsley sprinkled over it.