1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Gammon soup from Geneva. 'Gammon' = ham. :) You can substitute parsley for the chervil, if necessary. Be very careful with the salt - you may find that you do not even need any if the gammon/ham is fairly salty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the gammon in a large pan with with the stock or water, bring to a boil and skim.
- 2Add the potatoes, leeks and onion.
- 3Boil a few minutes, continuing to skim.
- 4Reduce the heat, cover and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- 5Remove the gammon, reserve and keep warm.
- 6Add the rice to the soup, season lightly and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, cut the gammon into thin slices.
- 8Serve the soup in bowls with the gammon slices and garnished with the chervil.
Nutritional Facts for Soupe Génevoise
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: