Recipe by Zurie
POSTED FOR ZWT 4. Not sure who recorded this. Real lime juice should be used, but Tabasco was substituted for the African chillis, which can be hard to find elsewhere. The bite of lime and tiny pieces of red hot pepper would actually turn this into the real thing. The avo's used are the large creamy thin-skinned purple type, but buttery Hass can also be used.
- 2 avocados, very ripe, large
- 4 cups cold chicken broth (vegetable stock can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons full cream yoghurt (like Greek yoghurt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or chop a hot red chilli pepper finely)
- white pepper (can use black)
- 4 slices limes, paper thin
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the avo flesh, and add the stock or broth (it's the same thing). Process until smooth.
- Add the lime juice, yoghurt, Tabasco if using, salt and pepper.
- (If using a real fresh chilli pepper, slice very finely but do not puree.).
- Pour into a bowl, and add the hot sliced pepper at this stage, if using. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Divide between 4 bowls, top each with a thin round of sliced lime, and sprinkle a bit of Tabasco over each portion.