1/2 Photos of Soupe D' Automne (Autumn Soup)
A delicious soup from a community fund raiser cookbook printed in the 90's - the cookbooks that have members sharing their best recipes. A wonderfully favourable soup that is a real winner at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 8 cups hot water
- 2 cups carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 2 cups potatoes (diced)
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (I use more)
- 2 teaspoons beef, concentrate (I use beef bouillon cubes)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon basil (or to taste, on occasion I use thyme instead)
- 4 cups tomatoes (or 4 cups canned tomatoes)
- 1In large soup pot brown ground beef, add onions and celery simmer until tender, stirring frequently.
- 2Add remaining ingredients except tomatoes.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- 4Add tomatoes and simmer another 10 minutes.
- 5Serve with freshly baked bread or rolls for a hearty meal.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soupe D' Automne (Autumn Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.0
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 708.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 23.6 g