Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
A lovely veggie soup. Everyone from vegetarians to meat lovers will like this soup!
- 3 stalk flat leaf parsley
- 1 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large sprigs fresh marjoram
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 340.19 g pumpkin, cut into small pieces
- 226.79 g potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot, cut in half lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2000.0 ml vegetable stock or 2000.0 ml water
- 118.29 ml broad bean (fresh or frozen)
- 118.29 ml peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 118.29 ml short macaroni or 118.29 ml shell pasta
- 118.29 ml fresh basil leaf
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- Tie the parsley, rosemary, thyme, marjoram with cooking string.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and add onion and leek. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the herb bunch, bay leaf, pumpkin, potato, carrot, 1 tsp salt and the stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add the broad beans, peas, zucchini, tomato and pasta. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender and the pasta is cooked. Add more water if necessary.
- Remove the herbs, including the bay leaf.
- FOR THE PISTOU:.
- Finely chop the basil and garlic in a small food processor. Pour in the oil gradually, processing until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Serve spooned over the soup as a garnish.
- NOTE: the flavor of this soup improves if refrigerated overnight, then gently reheated.